TCRC -- Twin Cities Repeater Club
NWS Open House
By w0kf - Date: 2006-09-11 16:17:18
The National Weather Service, Chanhassen, is holding an open house for the public from 10AM - 2PM on September 16, 2006. More information, including excellent maps, may be found at the NWS web page.
We are expecting 1000+ people to show up at our office for our open house between 10AM and 2 PM, and will have the following exhibits/attractions:
- Hourly Upper Air Balloon Launches (kids will be launching their own party-size balloons while we launch our balloon, (similar to what was done at the family open house)
- Exhibit Tent (helping to program weather radios, helping people use our website on computers; staffing exhibits on upper air, WSR-88D, Tornado Simulator, weather measuring equipment)
- 20 minute presentations in an outside tent (possible presentations: scout weather badge requirements, kids weather jeopardy, how to read a weather map, etc.)
- "tour stops" in our operations area (5 minute talk to passing tour groups about one of the following 3 topics: severe weather operations, forecast operations, data collection/hydro)
- welcome tent
- a Co-op award ceremony in the presentation tent outside.
- We will also have exhibits on-site from some of our partners including the Red Cross, MN - DNR Waters, HAM Radio(TCRC)/Skywarn, and the AMS
This announcement was printed from TCRC -- Twin Cities Repeater Club
The URL for this announcement is: